Congratulations to the CRIG researchers that obtained a PhD fellowship at FWO!
FWO Vlaanderen published the results of the PhD fellowships fundamental research and strategic basic research 2020 (link to FWO web page).
Several CRIG researchers have obtained a fellowship to start their promising (cancer) research projects!
Obtained a fundamental research fellowship:
- Eva Blondeel (team of Prof. Olivier De Wever)
- Lisa Demoen (team of Prof. Pieter Van Vlierberghe)
- Robin Demuynck (team of Prof. Dmitri Krysko)
- Jesse Demuytere (team of Prof. Wim Ceelen and co-promotor Prof. Geert Berx)
- Iuliia Efimova (team of Prof. Dmitri Krysko and Prof. Andre Skirtach)
- Elien Hilgert (team Prof. Frank Speleman)
- Maude Jans (teams of Prof. Geert van Loo and Prof. Lars Vereecke)
- Annelien Morlion (teams of Prof. Pieter Mestdagh and Prof. Jo Vandesompele)
- Sofie Van Dorpe (teams of Prof. An Hendrix, Prof. Hannelore Denys and collaborators)
- Simon Verdonck (team of Prof. Peter Vandenabeele)
Obtained a strategic basic research fellowship (SBO):
- Tim Bomberna (team of Prof. Charlotte Debbaut)
- Jilke De Wilde (teams of Prof. Katleen De Preter and Prof. David Creytens)
- Simon Krols (team of Prof. Serge Van Caelenbergh)
- Kevin Van der borght (team of Prof. Bart De Spiegeleer)
For several of the above candidates, CRIG organized test defences with experts in cancer research as jury (including members of the CRIG steering committee, operational committee and business unit). Since this pilot project was evaluated positively by the candidates and the jury, CRIG will repeat (and expand) this initiative and plans to organize test defences for the next FWO calls.
Congratulations to all awarded CRIG researchers, and we wish them good luck with their promising research projects!