What is PrIOMiC?
CRIG obtained funding from Ghent University to set up an International Thematic Network (ITN) on 'Precision oncology, Immuno-Oncology and Modeling in Cancer', called ‘PrIOMiC’. The aim of the PrIOMiC network is to strengthen CRIG’s international collaborative network with experts from renowned cancer research institutes on these themes. Through this network, we aim to promote excellent research, education & societal impact. On the long term, the ITN network will enable CRIG to extend its international network and build long-term partnerships.
Funding & activities
The funding is allocated for five years (2019 - 2022) and includes 300 K EUR by UGent and matched co-funding by CRIG and the ITN partners. The available funding will be used for the organization of (international) symposia and invited speaker seminars, mobility between partners & mobility grants, joint applications at (inter)national research funding agencies, ad hoc training courses, coordination costs, and other efforts to support and promote the network.
An open network
Importantly, the PrIOMiC network is open to all cancer researchers and aims to create value for the PrIOMiC partners, the whole CRIG research community, UGent and other stakeholders.
The PrIOMiC network is supported by both CRIG-UGent affiliated teams and international partners and affiliated institutions. Importantly, PrIOMiC is open to new partners and partner institutions that can strengthen the network.
The UGent promotors of the PrIOMiC network are: prof. Jo Vandesompele (promotor of PrIOMiC), prof. Tessa Kerre, prof. Olivier De Wever, prof. Geert Berx, prof. Niek Sanders, prof. Stefaan De Smedt, prof. Kathleen Marchal, prof. Vibeke Kruse, prof. Lieve Brochez, prof. Piet Ost.
On Monday 2 March 2020, the PrIOMiC kick-off symposium will take place in Ghent.
- the international PrIOMiC partners will give a scientific talk about ongoing research and available expertise
- networking opportunities during the day to stimulate interaction and collaboration
- open for everyone (cancer researchers, students, …)
Discover the program and register (deadline 17 Feb) via this link
By installing mobility grants, the PrIOMiC network aims to stimulate international collaboration, and to support innovative projects that focus on precision oncology, immuno-oncology and/or cancer modeling. The major aim is to support research stays, although educational visits (e.g. to learn best practices) in the scope of the PrIOMiC topics are also possible.
- Both outgoing mobility grants (visits from UGent researchers to international partner labs/institutes) and incoming mobility grants are possible
- Applications are open (at any time) for all cancer researchers at CRIG and international PrIOMiC partners
- Budget (max. 2000-3000 EUR, see guidelines) can only be used to cover travel and accommodation costs
How to apply for a PrIOMiC mobility grant?
- Consult the 'Guidelines and regulations on PrIOMiC mobility grants'
- Complete the Application form and send in pdf format to CRIG@UGent.be.
We are looking forward to applications and to stimulate fruitful collaborations within the PrIOMiC network. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact CRIG coordinator Dr. Pieter Rondou (CRIG@UGent.be or +32 9 332 24 53).
The PrIOMiC network is an International Thematic Network funded by Ghent University (read more about ITNs via this link).