prof. Hannelore Denys (MD, PhD)
Head of clinic – Medical Oncology (UZ Gent)
Associate professor (Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UGent)
Academic secretary Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UGent)
Our aim is to improve the prognosis of gynaecological cancer patients and to reduce toxicities of current treatments.
As our patients are treated multidisciplinary, we also perform our research multidisciplinary. We have long standing and fruitful collaboration not only with partners from the clinic (radiotherapy, pathology, gynaecology, …) but also with research partners such as the Laboratory of Experimental Cancer Research or Lab for Cancer Predisposition and Precision Oncology (Centre for Medical Genetics Ghent).
Our cancer research domains:
- Prospective clinical trial with immunotherapy and radiotherapy in gynaecological cancers
- Biomarkers for early detection of breast and ovarian cancer
- Psychological aspects of covid-19 pandemic in cancer patients, longitudinal prospective trial
- Extracellular vesicles in gynaecological cancer
- Morbidity and sexual functioning in cervical cancer patients
- Cognitive impairment and breast cancer therapy
Contact & links
- Lab address: Department of Medical Oncology, Corneel Heymanslaan 10, University Hospital Gent
- Network with KULeuven, NKI, Cancer Registry