Congratulations to the CRIG researchers that obtained a 2022 PhD fellowship at FWO
FWO Vlaanderen published the results of the PhD fellowships fundamental research and strategic basic research 2022 (link to the FWO web page)
A high number of CRIG researchers have obtained a fellowship to start their promising (cancer) research projects!
Obtained a fundamental research fellowship:
- Philippe Decruyenaere (teams Prof. Jo Vandesompele & Prof. Fritz Offner)
- Niké Guilbert (team Prof. An Hendrix)
- Jef Haerinck (team Prof. Geert Berx)
- Tom Luijts (team Prof. Jimmy Van den Eynden)
- Marija Pizurica (team Prof. Kathleen Marchal)
- Marie Thorp (team Prof. Lars Vereecke)
Obtained a strategic basic research fellowship (SBO):
- Lotte Cornelli (team of Prof. Katleen De Preter)
- Kato De Clercq (team Prof. Geert Berx)
- Julie De Munck (teams Prof. Matthias D'hooghe and Prof. John Van Camp)
- Laure De Pryck (team Prof. Nico Callewaert)
- Ragna Haegebaert (team Prof. Katrien Remaut)
- Eva Pascal (team Prof. Bart Vandekerckhove)
- Saar Vermijs (team Prof. Charlotte Debbaut)
For several FWO candidates, CRIG organized test defences with experts in cancer research as jury (including members of the CRIG steering committee and other voluntary principal investigators and postdocs). This pilot project was launched in 2020 and since it is evaluated positively by the candidates and the jury, CRIG will repeat (and expand) this initiative and plans to organize test defences for the next FWO calls as well.
Congratulations to all awarded CRIG researchers, and we wish them good luck with their promising research projects!