Ten CRIG researchers obtain a postdoc mandate from FWO in 2022
Each year several CRIG researchers apply for prestigious personal grants to be able to start or continue promising research.
We are very proud to announce that this year, 10 CRIG researchers obtained a postdoctoral (junior or senior) mandate from ‘Research Foundation Flanders (FWO)’ to start or continue their successful research projects:
- Dr. Enrico Cadoni (team Prof. Annemieke Madder)
- Dr. Danielle Clancy (team Prof. Savvas Savvides)
- Dr. Ralf Gabriels (team Prof. Lennart Martens)
- Dr. Lieselot Hemeryck (team Prof. Lynn Vanhaecke)
- Dr. Lien Lippens (Prof. An Hendrix)
- Dr. Nikdokht Rashidian (team Prof. Wim Ceelen)
- Dr. Thibaut Van Acker (team Prof. Frank Vanhaecke)
- Dr. Sofie Van Gassen (team Prof. Yvan Saeys)
- Dr. Rein Verbeke (team Prof. Stefaan De Smedt)
- Dr. Zifu Zhong (team Prof. Bruno De Geest)
For these mandates, the competition is high and therefore CRIG also organized test defenses to prepare several candidates for their official defense. Four out of six candidates that participated to a CRIG test defense obtained their grant. As we are thus convinced that test defenses help increase the success rate of our researchers we will continue this initiative for future calls.
Congratulations to all!