Centre for Advanced Light Microscopy
The Centre for Advanced Light Microscopy is one of the official Centres of Expertise at Ghent University. This Centre facilitates microscopy experiments to ensure high-quality scientific research where light and fluorescence microscopy plays an indispensable role.
The Centre for Advanced Light Microscopy features a broad range of high-end light and fluorescence microscopes, including epi-fluorescence, confocal, spinning disk, high content and custom-built microscopes. One-to-one expert advice, training and full technical support is provided based on the in house expertise making state-of-the-art microscopy more easily accessible for researches independently of their experience level. For smaller projects there is also the possibility to let the imaging experiments be carried out by our expert staff.
You are kindly invited to take a look at our website where you can find more information on the available microscopes and expertise.
Our expertise focuses on life science research and includes among others:
- Time-lapse imaging
- 3D imaging
- Multi-colour (spectral) imaging (e.g. co-localization studies)
- Molecular diffusion studies (FCS, SPT, FRAP, NTA)
- Calcium imaging (uncaging by photolysis)
- Image processing
and this mainly applied to in vitro, in cellulo and on tissues
- Prof. Kevin Braeckmans – Promotor
- Prof. Stefaan De Smedt – Promotor
- Prof. Luc Leybaert – Promotor
- Prof. Els Van Damme – Promotor
- Prof. Andre Skirtach – Promotor
- Prof. Winnok De Vos – Promotor
- Prof. Wilfried Philips – Promotor
- Dr. Herlinde De Keersmaecker – Daily operations manager
- Geert Meesen – on site support
- Ellen Cockuyt – on site support