dr. Emiel De Jaeghere (MD)
Aspirant – Research Foundation-Flanders (FWO)
Doctoral Fellow/Internal Medicine Resident – Department of Medical Oncology, Ghent University Hospital
Doctoral Fellow – Laboratory of Experimental Cancer Research (LECR), Ghent University
Research Staff – Gynecologic and Pelvic Oncology Network (GYPON), Ghent University Hospital
Principal investigators: Prof. Hannelore Denys (MD, PhD), Prof. Olivier De Wever (PhD) and Prof. Frédéric Amant (MD, PhD)
My reaserch focus is "Understanding and overcoming the tumor immune micro- and macroenvironment for effective therapy".
- Master of Medicine in Specialist Medicine (Internal Medicine), Ghent University Hospital (2018-Present).
- Laboratory Animal Science, Ghent University (2018-2019).
- Master of Medicine in Medicine, Degree of Medical Doctor (MD), Ghent University (2014-2018), Summa Cum Laude.
- Rudiments of Electrocardiography (2016-2017).
- Bachelor of Science in Medicine, Ghent University (2011-2014), Summa Cum Laude.
- Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital/Netherlands Cancer Institute (Amsterdam, The Netherlands), Department of Gynecological Oncology, prof. dr. Frédéric Amant.
- Daniel den Hoed/Erasmus Medical Center (Rotterdam, The Netherlands), Department of Hemato-Oncology, prof. dr. Pieter Sonneveld and dr. Annoek Broers.
- “Bank J. Van Breda & C° Prize” for best master’s thesis.
- Best Video Presentation, 5th edition of Oncopoint, Ghent, Belgium (March 2017).
- Neo-adjuvant treatment of adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix results in significantly different pathological complete response rates. BMC Cancer, 2018. (PMID: 30419851).
- Heterocellular 3D scaffolds as biomimetic to recapitulate the tumor microenvironment of peritoneal metastases in vitro and in vivo. Biomaterials, 2018. (PMID: 29306747).
- Tumour tissue transport after intraperitoneal anticancer drug delivery. Int J Hyperthermia, 2017. (PMID: 28540828).
- Incorporating PARP-inhibitors into clinical routine: A tailored treatment strategy to tackle ovarian cancer. Acta Clinica Belgica, 2017. (PMID: 27267353).
Contact & links
- Lab address: Laboratory of Experimental Cancer Research (LECR), University Hospital Ghent, Radiotherapiepark (Entrance 98), C. Heymanslaan 10, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
- Academic Bibliography
- Involved in GYPON (Gynecologic and Pelvic Oncology Network). GYPON provides a comprehensive program of clinical trials, translational and basic research, education and outstanding care for women with the full range of gynecologic cancers.
- Emiel De Jaeghere is interested to receive invitations for presentations or talks