PrIOMiC-OncoPoint symposium 2023
PrIOMiC is CRIG’s International Thematic Network on cancer that stimulates collaboration between CRIG and international partners (read more…). OncoPoint is CRIG’s annual symposium to gather and stimulate interaction between cancer researchers in Ghent. In May, we will combine the two initiatives in a unique 2-day symposium!
The meeting will include a mix of presentations by international experts and PrIOMiC partners, as well as selected abstract and poster presentations from CRIG researchers, and dedicated networking moments. Next to plenary sessions on precision oncology, immuno-oncology and cancer modeling (the themes of PrIOMiC), there will also be parallel sessions (day 2) on (i) fundamental and translational, and (ii) clinical and psychosocial cancer research (co-organized by Kankercentrum UZ Gent).
There is no admission fee for OncoPoint, but registration is obligatory and restricted to UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators (and international PrIOMiC partners). Accreditation will be requested.
The symposium (3 May 11:00 - 18:00, 4 May 9:00 - 18:00) contains a mix of presentations by international experts and PrIOMiC partners, as well as selected abstract and poster presentations from CRIG researchers, and dedicated networking moments.
Several international top experts will give lectures, including: Prof. Roderick Beijersbergen (NKI), Prof. Henrik Grönberg & Prof. Johan Lindberg (Karolinska Institute), Prof. Alex Wyatt (Vancouver), Prof. Maria Oliveira (Porto), Prof. Emma Morris (London), Prof. Steve Pascolo (Zurich) & Prof. Kyra Campbell (Sheffield).
Plenary sessions focus on precision oncology & cancer modeling (day 1), immuno-oncology (day 2), and multidisciplinary cancer research (both days). On day 2 in the afternoon, additional parallel sessions are organized focusing on (i) fundamental & translational, and (ii) clinical & psychosocial cancer research (co-organized by Kankercentrum UZ Gent).
Both oral presentations (15') and storm session presentations (2' pitches) are selected from the abstracts submitted by CRIG (UGent, UZ, VIB-UGent) researchers. Poster sessions on both days will be organized to increase interaction between researchers. Several awards will be given for best presentations in all three categories.
Registration & abstracts
Registration (deadline 17 April 2023):
- Registration is free of charge but obligatory! The symposium is only accessible for UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators (and PrIOMiC partners).
- Indicate whether or not you will submit an abstract (+ preference for 15' oral and/or 2' storm session/poster presentation, see further)
- Indicate whether you will join both days of the symposium, and/or the reception after each day
- Please inform us if you will only attend part of the day (or part of both days), and if you have dietary requests so that we can optimally arrange catering
Abstract submission (deadline 22 March 2023):
- After registration, please submit your abstract (Word file) by email to CRIG@UGent.be (in cc: Anna.Rose@UGent.be)
- Please consult your co-authors on possible intellectual property issues.
- Abstract text should be no more than 250 words, written in English
- Follow the format as indicated in following example
- Your abstract can be selected for a oral presentation (15') or storm session presentation (2' pitch) (also depending on your preference).
- Only part of the submitted abstracts will be selected for 15' or 2' presentation during the meeting (due to time limitations). However, all researchers that submit an abstract (except for those selected for a 15' presentation), will be able to present their work in a poster session. There will also be several awards for best poster presentations.
Het Pand (Onderbergen 1, 9000 Gent) - link to Google maps
We invite companies to sponsor our PrIOMiC-OncoPoint symposium and get visibility in return! Please contact CRIG coordinator Dr. Pieter Rondou (CRIG@UGent.be) for sponsoring opportunities and the sponsor packages.
We thank the sponsors of PrIOMiC-OncoPoint 2023!
Read more about the initiation of OncoPoint in an interview from 2014 in the UZ letters magazine
Programs from previous editions of OncoPoint:
- (during the pandemic in 2020 & 2021, 3 shorter online editions were organized as an alternative: OncoDot1, OncoDot2 and OncoDot3)
Program from the PrIOMiC kick-off meeting in 2020 via this link