OncoPoint symposium 2022: a festive edition
OncoPoint's aim is to provide a common interface to meet fellow cancer researchers from Ghent and discuss, exchange information, and start collaborations. Cancer researchers from UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent will present their latest work to each other via selected abstracts presentations, pitch presentations and poster presentations. In addition, we are proud to have inspiring keynote presentations in our program, and a closing session dedicated to CRIG's 5th anniversary. After the symposium, all participants are invited to celebrate together with a reception and walking dinner in the beautiful historical setting of the Sint-Pietersabdij.
There is no admission fee for OncoPoint, but registration is obligatory and restricted to UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators (no external researchers). Accreditation is requested.
Both oral presentations (15') and storm session presentations (2') are selected from the abstracts submitted by CRIG (UGent, UZ, VIB-UGent) researchers. Also a poster session will be organized to increase interaction between researchers. Several awards will be given for best presentations in all three categories.
In the plenary sessions, several cancer research disciplines will be covered. Parallel sessions in the afternoon will focus on (1) fundamental and translational research, or (2) clinical and psychosocial cancer research. The last part of the program will be dedicated to CRIG's 5th anniversary and cover accomplishments as well as outlooks to the future of oncology in Ghent.
Registration & abstracts
Registration (deadline 6 May 2022):
- Registration is free of charge but obligatory! OncoPoint is only accessible for UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators.
- Indicate whether or not you will submit an abstract (+ preference for short oral and/or storm session/poster presentation, see further)
- Indicate whether you will join the reception and/or walking dinner afterwards
- If you cannot join the symposium itself during the day but would like to join the reception and/or walking dinner afterwards, please indicate this during registration.
Abstract submission (deadline 22 April 2022):
- After registration, please submit your abstract (Word file) by email to CRIG@UGent.be (in cc: Anna.Rose@UGent.be)
- Please consult your co-authors on possible intellectual property issues.
- Abstract text should be no more than 250 words, written in English
- Follow the format as indicated in following example
- Your abstract can be selected for a short oral presentation (15') or storm session presentation (2') (depending on your preference).
- Only part of the submitted abstracts will be selected for 15' or 2' presentation during the meeting (due to time limitations). However, all researchers that submit an abstract (except for those selected for a 15' presentation), will be able to present their work in a poster session. There will also be several awards for best poster presentations.
Sint-Pietersabdij (Sint-Pietersplein 9, Gent) - link to Google Maps
We invite companies to sponsor OncoPoint and get visibility in return! Please contact CRIG coordinator Dr. Pieter Rondou (CRIG@UGent.be) for sponsoring opportunities and the sponsor packages.
We thank the sponsors of OncoPoint 2022!
View the sponsoring companies.
Read more about the initiation of OncoPoint in an interview from 2014 in the UZ letters magazine
Programs from previous editions of OncoPoint:
- (during the pandemic in 2020 & 2021, 3 shorter online editions were organized as an alternative: OncoDot1, OncoDot2 and OncoDot3)