Six CRIG researchers obtain a postdoc mandate from FWO in 2023
Each year several CRIG researchers apply for prestigious personal grants to be able to start or continue promising research.
In 2023, 6 CRIG researchers obtained a postdoctoral (junior or senior) mandate from ‘Research Foundation Flanders (FWO)’ (to start or continue their successful research projects:
- Dr. Yong Chen (team Prof. Bruno De Geest) - senior mandate (W&T4)
- Dr. Stijn De Munter (team Prof. Bart Vandekerckhove) - junior mandate (MED3)
- Dr. Tess Goessens (team Prof. Marthe De Boevre) - junior mandate (MED8)
- Dr. Sandere Lefere (team Prof. Hans Van Vlierberghe) - senior mandate (MED7)
- Dr. Claudio Pinheiro (team Prof. An Hendrix) - junior mandate (MED4)
- Dr. Michael Stouthandel (team Prof. Liv Veldeman) - junior mandate (MED4)
For these mandates, the competition is high and therefore CRIG also organized test defenses to prepare several candidates for their official defense. Three out of four candidates that participated to a CRIG test defense obtained their grant. As we are thus convinced that test defenses help increase the success rate of our researchers we will continue this initiative for future calls (pre-docs and postdocs).
Congratulations to all!