OncoPoint goes digital - OncoDot.1 symposium
Remark: all registrants receive a weblink and password to join the live stream on October 7. In case you encounter problems to log in, or if you still want to subscribe after the registration deadline, please contact CRIG colleague Anna Rose via Anna.Rose@UGent.be
OncoPoint's aim is to provide a common interface to meet fellow cancer researchers from CRIG and discuss, exchange information, and start collaborations.
Due to the corona-crisis, the 2020 OncoPoint meeting in May was cancelled. To provide a safe yet attractive alternative, we organize the OncoDot series. Spread out over a few months, 3 shorter, online OncoDot symposia are planned (7 October 2020, and tentatively January and April 2021). We guarantee an attractive experience for the online attendants, amongst others with live streaming of selected presentations in a professional studio, a chatbox to ask questions and technical support.
Our first online OncoDot.1 symposium will take place on 7 October 2020. Basic, translational and clinical cancer researchers from CRIG (Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital and VIB-UGent) will present their latest work to each other. There is no admission fee for OncoDot, but registration is obligatory and restricted to UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators (no external researchers). The OncoDot.1 program will focus on precision oncology (and the planned OncoDot.2 and OncoDot.3 programs will focus on immuno-oncology and cancer modeling, respectively). General (fundamental, translational and clinical) cancer research will also be included in all OncoDot events.
We look forward to an exciting program with following sections:
- selected abstract presentations - live streaming of 10' presentations in a professional studio in Ghent
- storm session presentations - streaming of pre-recorded 2' presentations from research abstracts
- 2 short educational movies on CRIG 'young investigator proof-of-concept' laureates
- 2 company pitches
Accreditation is requested.
Registration & Abstracts
Registration (deadline 2 October 2020):
- Registration is free of charge but obligatory! OncoPoint is only accessible for UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators.
- Indicate whether or not you will submit an abstract (+ preference for short oral and/or storm session presentation, see further)
Abstract submission (deadline 7 September 2020):
- Important remark about the scope: this first edition of OncoDot welcomes abstracts on precision oncology. The planned OncoDot.2 (Jan 2021) and OncoDot.3 (April 2021) editions welcome abstracts on immuno-oncology and cancer modeling. Separate calls for abstracts will be launched prior to these events. If your abstract fits better in the scope of these upcoming editions, please submit it later. Abstracts on general (fundamental, translational, and clinical) cancer research can be submitted for all 3 events.
- After registration, please submit your abstract (Word file) by email to CRIG@UGent.be (in cc: Anna.Rose@UGent.be)
- Please consult your co-authors on possible intellectual property issues.
- Abstract text should be no more than 250 words, written in English
- Follow the format as indicated in following example
- Your abstract can be selected for a short oral presentation (10') or storm session presentation (2') (depending on your preference).
- Only part of the submitted abstracts will be selected for 10' or 2' presentation during the meeting (due to time limitations)
OncoDot.1 is an online event. A few days before the meeting, attendants that registered (obligatory) will receive a link and instructions to join the online meeting on October 7.
The selected abstract (10') presenters will be invited to present their work in a professional studio (in Ghent) where the presentations will be live streamed (with technical support). The organizers will be present to moderate the meeting, and to select questions submitted by the online attendants (via a live chatbox platform).
We invite companies to sponsor the online OncoDot series and get visibility in return! Please contact CRIG coordinator dr. Pieter Rondou (Pieter.Rondou@UGent.be) for sponsoring opportunities and the sponsor package.
We thank the sponsors of OncoDot 2020-2021!
View the sponsor list.