prof. Tim De Meyer (PhD)
Prof. Tim De Meyer (PhD)
Principal investigator - BIOBIX - FBW (UGent)
Associate professor (Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, UGent) - chairman partner (Bioinformatics Institute Ghent)
The core expertise of Tim De Meyer's group at the BIOBIX lab is the development and application of novel data-analytical methods for omics data. The current focus is the study of allele-specific effects in health (imprinting, eQTLs) and disease (loss of imprinting, allelic imbalance) using solely large-scale RNA-seq data, thereby increasing sensitivity and cost-efficiency. Additional cancer related topics include data analysis for high-througput protein-protein interaction screening, data visualization and integration and several biomarker oriented collaborations.
- Clinically relevant aberrant Filip1l DNA methylation detected in a murine model of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. EBioMedicine. PMID: 34000624. 2021
- MEXPRESS update 2019. NAR. 2019.
- Analysis of DNA methylation in cancer: location revisited. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2018.
- A comprehensive overview of genomic imprinting in breast and its deregulation in cancer. Nat Commun. 2018.
Contact & links
- BIOBIX - Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent