prof. Tim De Meyer (PhD)
Prof. Tim De Meyer (PhD)
Principal investigator - BIOBIX - FBW (UGent)
Associate professor (Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, UGent) - chairman partner (Bioinformatics Institute Ghent)
The core expertise of Tim De Meyer's group at the BIOBIX lab is the development and application of novel data-analytical methods for omics data. The current focus is the study of allele-specific effects in health (imprinting, eQTLs) and disease (loss of imprinting, allelic imbalance) using solely large-scale RNA-seq data, thereby increasing sensitivity and cost-efficiency. Additional cancer related topics include data analysis for high-througput protein-protein interaction screening, data visualization and integration and several biomarker oriented collaborations.
- prof. Tim De Meyer - PI, associate professor
- Cedric Stroobandt - doctoral fellow
- Laure Van Steenbergen - doctoral fellow
- Floris Voorthuijzen - doctoral fellow
- Femke De Graeve - doctoral fellow
- Louis Coussement - doctoral fellow
- Jeroen Galle - bioinformatician
- Koch et al. MEXPRESS update 2019. NAR 2019.
- Koch et al. Analysis of DNA methylation in cancer: location revisited. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 2018.
- Goovaerts et al. A comprehensive overview of genomic imprinting in breast and its deregulation in cancer. Nat Commun 2018.
Contact & links
- BIOBIX - Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent