OncoPoint's aim is to provide a common interface to meet fellow cancer researchers from CRIG and discuss, exchange information, and start collaborations.
Basic, translational and clinical cancer researchers from CRIG (Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital and VIB-UGent) will present their latest work to each other.
In addition, we welcome high impact speakers to our program. There is no admission fee for OncoPoint, but registration is obligatory and restricted to UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators (no external researchers). Accreditation is requested.
This 7th edition of OncoPoint will be organized by CRIG, in collaboration with GGIG (Ghent Gut Inflammation Group). Part of this years program will focus on the role of the microbiome in cancer.
We look forward to an exciting program with keynote speakers:
- prof. Dirk Haller (Director of ZIEL - Institute for Food & Health, Technical University of Munich) - short bio
- dr. Paula Roberti (Immunology and Immunotherapy Laboratory – Zitvogel lab, Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris)
- dr. Andy Wullaert (UGent, Ghent Gut Inflammation Group)
In addition, both oral presentations (15') and storm session presentations (2') are selected from the abstracts submitted by CRIG (UGent, UZ, VIB-UGent) researchers. Also a poster session will be organized to increase interaction between researchers. Several awards will be given for best presentations in all three categories.
Registration & Abstracts
Registration (deadline March 6, 2019):
- Click here to register for the event (no admission fee, but registration is obligatory! OncoPoint is only accessible for UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators)
- Indicate whether or not you will submit an abstract (+ preference for short oral and/or storm session/poster presentation, see further)
Abstract submission (deadline February 20, 2019):
- After registration, please submit your abstract (Word file) by email to CRIG@UGent.be (in cc: Anna.Rose@UGent.be)
- Please consult your co-authors on possible intellectual property issues.
- Abstract text should be no more than 250 words, written in English
- Follow the format as indicated in following example
- Your abstract can be selected for a short oral presentation (15') or storm session presentation (2') (depending on your preference).
- Only part of the submitted abstracts will be selected for 15' or 2' presentation during the meeting (due to time limitations). However, all researchers that submit an abstract (except for those selected for a 15' presentation), will be able to present their work in a poster session. There will also be several awards for best poster presentations.
Het Pand (UGent) - Onderbergen, Gent
We thank the sponsors of OncoPoint 2019!
View the sponsoring companies.