dr. Niels Vandamme (PhD)
Staff scientist at inflammation research center (IRC) - VIB-UGent
Principal investigator: prof. Yvan Saeys (PhD)
Single cell biology, technologies and bioinformatics in the field of cancer and immunology.
Niels Vandamme is a staff scientist at the VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research (Belgium). He obtained his PhD degree in the field of molecular and cellular oncology with a particular focus on neural crest biology and cancer cell plasticity. He studied heterogeneity and population dynamics using in vitro systems and genetically engineered mouse models at a single cell resolution. During his postdoctoral training, he gained expertise in computational models to analyse high-throughput single-cell data. Since January 2019, he is launching a single cell service platform within VIB-UGent offering cell biology expertise and advanced data processing workflows for single cell multi-omics.
- Van Hove et al., A single-cell atlas of mouse brain macrophages reveals unique transcriptional identities shaped by ontogeny and tissue environment, Nature Neuroscience, 2019.
- Scott et al., The Transcription Factor ZEB2 Is Required to Maintain the Tissue-Specific Identities of Macrophages, Immunity, 2018.
- Vandamme, Goossens et al., EMT transcription factors in cancer development re-evaluated: Beyond EMT and MET, BBA, 2018
- Köhler, Nittner et al., Mouse Cutaneous Melanoma Induced by Mutant BRaf Arises from Expansion and Dedifferentiation of Mature Pigmented Melanocytes, Cell Stem Cell, 2017
- Van Deun et al., EV-TRACK: Transparent reporting and centralizing knowledge in extracellular vesicle research, Nature Methods, 2017.
- Melanoma cells revive an embryonic transcriptional network to dictate phenotypic heterogeneity', Frontiers in Oncology, 2014.
- Identification of a ZEB2-MITF-ZEB1 transcriptional network that controls melanogenesis and melanoma progression., Cell death and differentiation, 2014.
- Terminal NK cell maturation is controlled by concerted actions of T-bet and Zeb2 and is essential for melanoma rejection., J. Exp. Med, 2015.
Contact & links
- Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 71, 9052 Zwijnaarde-Gent
- Irc Ugent