dr. Niels Vandamme (PhD)
Head of the VIB Single Cell Core Facility at Ghent University
Niels Vandamme is head of the VIB Single Cell Core Facility at Ghent University. The VIB Single Cell Core covers complete experimental and computational workflows for single cell multi-omics as a one-stop solution. Niels obtained his PhD degree in the field of molecular and cellular oncology with a particular focus on neural crest biology and cancer cell plasticity. He studied heterogeneity and population dynamics using in vitro systems and genetically engineered mouse models at a single cell resolution. During his postdoctoral training, he gained expertise in computational models to analyze high-throughput single-cell data.
- Van Hove et al., A single-cell atlas of mouse brain macrophages reveals unique transcriptional identities shaped by ontogeny and tissue environment, Nature Neuroscience, 2019.
- Scott et al., The Transcription Factor ZEB2 Is Required to Maintain the Tissue-Specific Identities of Macrophages, Immunity, 2018.
- Vandamme, Goossens et al., EMT transcription factors in cancer development re-evaluated: Beyond EMT and MET, BBA, 2018
- Köhler, Nittner et al., Mouse Cutaneous Melanoma Induced by Mutant BRaf Arises from Expansion and Dedifferentiation of Mature Pigmented Melanocytes, Cell Stem Cell, 2017
- Van Deun et al., EV-TRACK: Transparent reporting and centralizing knowledge in extracellular vesicle research, Nature Methods, 2017.
- Melanoma cells revive an embryonic transcriptional network to dictate phenotypic heterogeneity', Frontiers in Oncology, 2014.
- Identification of a ZEB2-MITF-ZEB1 transcriptional network that controls melanogenesis and melanoma progression., Cell death and differentiation, 2014.
- Terminal NK cell maturation is controlled by concerted actions of T-bet and Zeb2 and is essential for melanoma rejection., J. Exp. Med, 2015.
Contact & links
- Address: UGent - FSVM1 building, Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 71, 9052 Zwijnaarde-Gent
- Irc Ugent
- contact VIB Single Cell Core Facility : firstname.lastname@example.org