dr. Lise-Marie Kinnaer (PhD)
Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University Center for Nursing and Midwifery (UGent)
Principal investigator: prof. Ann Van Hecke (PhD)
My research focuses on investigating unmet patient needs, gaps in the organization of current interprofessional and seamless care processes of specific populations of cancer patients (i.e. patients taking oral anticancer drugs, patients with cardiovascular complications due to pharmacological cancer treatment) and on developing, implementing and evaluating quality improvement initiatives in cancer care using mixed methods approaches (both quantitative and qualitative).
In all research projects, both the perspective of patients and healthcare professionals is taken into consideration, with respect to healthcare costs and aiming to achieve better patient (i.e. therapeutic adherence, patient self-management, clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction), healthcare professional (e.g. job satisfaction, self-efficacy) and healthcare team outcomes (e.g. team effectiveness).
In cancer care, a variety of healthcare professionals (physicians, nurses, psychologists, dieticians, clinical pharmacists etc.) are involved in cancer care with sometimes too little involvement of healthcare professionals from primary care.
In all research projects, I try to stimulate seamless (transmural) interprofessional collaboration with clear roles, expectations and agreement among all team members. I’m always open to new patient populations and other research initiatives.
As I am a pharmacist, topics concerning oncological medication counseling and drug safety are also one of my interests.
- ‘Collaborative network to take responsibility for oral anticancer therapy (CONTACT): study-protocol investigating the impact of a care pathway’. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2019. (PMID 31310353)
- ‘Key elements for the education and counseling of patients treated with oral anticancer drugs’. European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 2019. (PMID 31358251)
- ‘Patient-centered care coordination, education and counseling of patients treated with oral anticancer drugs: an importance-performance analysis’. European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 2020. (PMID 32563842)
- ‘Evaluation of Interprofessional Care Processes for patients treated with oral anticancer drugs’. Journal of Interprofessional Care. 2021. (PMD 34157920)
Contact & links
- Lab address: Campus UZ Gent, entrance 42, 5K3, Corneel Heymanslaan 10, 9000 Gent
- Lise-Marie Kinnaer is interested to receive invitations for presentations or talks