Lotte Van der Weijst
PhD student – Department of Human Structure and Repair – UZ Ghent/UGent
Principal investigator: prof. Yolande Lievens (MD, PhD)
My research focuses on patient-reported health-related quality of life, toxicity and neuro-cognitive functioning in early-stage, locally-advanced and metastatic non-small cell lung cancer patients enrolled in clinical trials as well as real-life clinical practice.
My PhD furthermore focuses on methodological quality of HRQoL data retrieved highly controlled clinical trials, analyses of HRQoL and toxicity data in early-stage and locally-advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients undergoing different loco-regional radiotherapy techniques and treatment modalities enrolled in a prospective international real-world study; and evaluation of individual changes in HRQoL, toxicity and NCF in LA- and metastatic NSCLC patients receiving standard treatment in a prospective single-institute real-world study.
- PhD in Health Sciences at the Radiotherapy department
- Master of Arts in International Development Studies
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in European Public Health
- Involvement in several international and local clinical studies
- Active member of the EORTC Quality of Life - Group
Contact & links
- Lab address: UZ Gent, C. Heymanslaan 10, ingang 46 - verdieping 4 , 9000 Gent