OncoPoint's aim is to provide a common interface and substrate to meet fellow cancer researchers and discuss, exchange information, and start collaborations.
Basic, translational and clinical cancer researchers from CRIG (Ghent University, UGent-VIB and Ghent University Hospital) will present their latest work to each other.
In addition, we welcome high impact invited speakers to our program. There is no admission fee for OncoPoint, but registration is obligatory and restricted to UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators (no external researchers).
See the full program here.
We look forward to an exciting program with amongst others top invited speakers dr. Ilaria Malanchi (Francis Crick Institute, London), dr. Anna Obenauf (Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna) and dr. Hector Peinado (Spanish National Cancer Research Centre, Madrid).
In addition, both short oral presentations (15') and storm session presentations (2') are selected from the abstracts submitted by CRIG (UGent, UZ, VIB-UGent) researchers. Awards will be given for best presentations in all categories.
Registration & Abstracts
Registration (extended deadline March 1, 2017):
- Click here to the registration link for the event (no admission fee, but registration is obligatory!)
- Indicate whether or not you will submit an abstract (+ preference for short oral and/or storm session/video presentation, see further)
Abstract submission (deadline February 8, 2017):
- After registration, please submit your abstract (Word file) by email to CRIG@UGent.be (in cc: Wendy.DeRycke@UGent.be)
- Please consult your co-authors on possible intellectual property issues.
- Abstract text should be no more than 250 words, written in English
- Follow the format as indicated in following example
- Your abstract can be selected for a short oral presentation (15') or storm session presentation (2') (depending on your preference).
- In contrast to previous OncoPoint editions, only part of the submitted abstracts will be selected for presentation during the meeting (due to time limitations). However, for all submitted abstracts (except for the selected 15' presentations), 2' video recordings from the presenting authors will be requested prior to the meeting and will be made available online (only for OncoPoint attendants and CRIG members). Each recording should simply include the computer screen recording of the (2 to 3) slides, and the synchronized voice recording of the presenting author. Detailed instructions will follow later. There will also be an award for the best video.
Het Pand (UGent) - Onderbergen, Gent
We thank the sponsors of OncoPoint 2017! View the sponsor list.