dr. Leander Meuris (PhD)
Staff scientist – Nico Callewaert lab – Center for Medical Biotechnology (VIB-UGent)
Principal investigator: prof. Nico Callewaert (PhD)
Hepatocellular carcinoma is a common cancer with low survival rates (5-year survival: 22%). After lung and colorectal cancers, it is responsible for the most cancer deaths worldwide (almost 900 000 deaths per year).
Our research focuses on finding non-invasive diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers through the use of multi-omics analysis. We use a mix of proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, epigenomics and glycomics.
- Staff scientist and Lecturer (VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology, 2016 – current)
- Scientific coordinator and Lecturer (VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology, 2014-2016)
- Postdoctoral fellow (VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology, 2013)
- Lecturer in Biochemistry and Cell Biology (AP Hogeschool, 2012)
- PhD in Biochemistry (Callewaert lab, UGent, 2012)
- MSc in Biochemistry and Biotechnology (UGent, 2007)