Due to the corona-crisis, the organizers have taken the decision to CANCEL this meeting. There are too many uncertain factors that can interfere with the planning and success of the meeting. The next OncoPoint meeting will take place beginning of 2021 (date will be communicated later).
OncoPoint's aim is to provide a common interface to meet fellow cancer researchers from CRIG and discuss, exchange information, and start collaborations.
Basic, translational and clinical cancer researchers from CRIG (Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital and VIB-UGent) will present their latest work to each other.
In addition, we welcome high impact speakers to our program. There is no admission fee for OncoPoint, but registration is obligatory and restricted to UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators (no external researchers). Accreditation is requested.
This 8th edition of OncoPoint will be organized by CRIG, with support of CRIG's International Thematic Network 'PrIOMiC'. Part of this years program will focus on precision oncology.
We look forward to an exciting program with keynote speakers:
- prof. Daniel Peeper (Division of Molecular Oncology & Immunology at the Netherlands Cancer Institute; VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- prof. Chiara Bonini (IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele; Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Italy)
In addition, both oral presentations (15') and storm session presentations (2') are selected from the abstracts submitted by CRIG (UGent, UZ, VIB-UGent) researchers. Also a poster session will be organized to increase interaction between researchers. Several awards will be given for best presentations in all three categories.
Registration & Abstracts
Registration (deadline 6 May 2020):
- Registration is free of charge but obligatory! OncoPoint is only accessible for UGent, UZ Gent and VIB-UGent collaborators.
- Indicate whether or not you will submit an abstract (+ preference for short oral and/or storm session/poster presentation, see further)
Abstract submission (deadline 20 April 2020):
- After registration, please submit your abstract (Word file) by email to CRIG@UGent.be (in cc: Anna.Rose@UGent.be)
- Please consult your co-authors on possible intellectual property issues.
- Abstract text should be no more than 250 words, written in English
- Follow the format as indicated in following example
- Your abstract can be selected for a short oral presentation (15') or storm session presentation (2') (depending on your preference).
- Only part of the submitted abstracts will be selected for 15' or 2' presentation during the meeting (due to time limitations). However, all researchers that submit an abstract (except for those selected for a 15' presentation), will be able to present their work in a poster session. There will also be several awards for best poster presentations.
Het Pand (UGent) - Onderbergen, Gent
We invite companies to sponsor OncoPoint and get visibility in return! Please contact CRIG coordinator dr. Pieter Rondou (Pieter.Rondou@UGent.be) for sponsoring opportunities and the sponsor packages.