dr. Dieter Berwouts (MD, PhD)
Voluntary guest/visiting clinician - Department of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine (UGent)
(PI: prof. Ingeborg Goethals)
Partial training in radiation oncology and full training in nuclear medicine.
Implementation of biological imaging in radiation oncology, both in head- and neck cancer and bone metastasis.
- Three-phase adaptive dose-painting-by-numbers for head-and-neck cancer: initial results of the phase I clinical trial. Radiother Oncol 2013, PMID 23647760.
- Deformation field validation and inversion applied to adaptive radiation therapy. Phys Med Biol 2013, (PMID 23852041)
- Comparative dosimetry of three-phase adaptive and non-adaptive dose-painting IMRT for head-and-neck cancer. Radiother Oncol 2014. (PMID 24746575)
- High-dose reirradiation with intensity-modulated radiotherapy for recurrent head-and-neck cancer: disease control, survival and toxicity. Radiother Oncol. 2014 (PMID: 24998706).
- Biological 18[F]-FDG-PET image-guided dose painting by numbers for painful uncomplicated bone metastases: A 3-arm randomized phase II trial. Radiother Oncol. 2015. (PMID: 25981049).
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for early-stage glottic cancer. Head Neck. 2016. (PMID: 25537856).
- Intensity modulated arc therapy implementation in a three phase adaptive (18)F-FDG-PET voxel intensity-based planning strategy for head-and-neck cancer. Radiat Oncol. 2016. (PMID: 27039294.)
- Long-term outcome of 18 F-fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography-guided dose painting for head and neck cancer: Matched case-control study. Head Neck. 2017. (PMID: 28833829)
- Late mucosal ulcers in dose-escalated adaptive dose-painting treatments for head-and-neck cancer. Acta Oncol. 2018. (PMID: 28885076)
- A feasibility study on adaptive 18F-FDG-PET-guided radiotherapy for recurrent and second primary head and neck cancer in the previously irradiated territory. Strahlenther Onkol. 2018. (PMID 29556677)
Contact & links
- UGent - Faculty of Medicine
- Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, Polikliniek 8, Corneel Heymanslaan 10, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
- Clinician @ AZ Maria Middelares, AZ Jan Palfijn and 'PET centrum Marie Curie'
- dr. Berwouts is interested to receive invitations for presentations or talks